We are a two day drop-off program for 4th and 5th grade. Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15AM to 2:15PM.
At-home lesson plans are provided for the remaining three days of at home instruction that may be used at the parent's discretion.
We believe that every child is unique. God made each of us with different gifts, and it is important to meet each and every child exactly where they are. We all learn differently, and learning should be fun! We love to take a hands-on approach any time we can to keep the kids engaged. We will also present all information in various formats to meet each child’s needs such as auditory, kinesthetic, and visual. You are the teacher, and we are just here to support what you are doing at home! We want to work together to make sure your child is receiving the information in such a way that learning will be easy!
- August 9, 2021 – November 17, 2022
- Christmas Break – November 18, 2022 – January 9, 2023
- January 10, 2023 – May 4, 2023
- Easter Break – April 4, 2023 – April 17, 2023
The following is an overview of what the fourth grade program will look like. The fifth and sixth grade program will use a similar curriculum that is grade level appropriate.
- Apologia “Who am I”.
- Chapel every Thursday.
- Using Math U See Delta, we will focus on mastering division through hands on lessons, games and worksheets.
- Practicing Shurley Grammar in class and continuing with the fourth grade level of Growing With Grammar.
- IEW- Fables, Myths, and Fairy Tales Writing Lessons.
- Ooey Gooey Chemistry - learning the basic elements of God’s creation through fun videos, games, and hands on experiments.
- Class experiment every Thursday.
- Science journal that will hold our notes as we learn to follow the scientific process.
- Social Studies
- As we read through our 'Bible Heroes' books, we will learn all about the country that each missionary served in.
- We will be using Abeka's Old World History & Geography.
- It will include the geography as well as ancient and modern facts for each country.
- We will have crafts that will reflect the amazing creativity of that country as well.
- Reading and Comprehension
- We will read classic books and complete comprehension questions throughout the year.
- Fun and engaging books for the students to foster their love for learning at their reading level.
- We will be using the Wise Guide for Spelling curriculum in class and on our weekly assignment sheet, but you are welcome to use any spelling program that works best for your child at home.
- Handwriting and Typing
- For handwriting, we will send home weekly assignments written in cursive for your child to trace or copy.
- For typing, we use a third party application where the child will learn new keys, build speed and accuracy, all while playing fun multi-level games.
Evaluations will be included with the membership and class fees. We will provide the necessary form for you to submit at the end of the year for your child.
Curriculum and Material Fees
We will do our best to keep this cost as low as possible. Usually, the cost for materials is somewhere between $100-$400.
- The materials fee of $80 will be due typically in April each year. This holds your spot for the following year.
- Membership fees of $25 are due annually. This covers insurance, background checks and portfolio evaluations.
- Facility fees are $170 per student.
- Class fees are $1600 per student per year.
- Payments Options: Checks, Credit Cards, Direct Transfers or PayPal.
- If using any payment method other than a personal check, there will be a 3% charge to use their service. This will be an added cost.
- Checks should be made out to ‘Tampa Bay Community Homeschool’.
- We have 3 payment plan options available.
- The payment plan form is found under Payment Plans once logged in. This form will need to be filled out and submitted before the first day of school.
- If you need a different payment plan, we are more than happy to work with you, and can discuss your specific needs.
It is required that a parent volunteer be present in the classroom. This is typically around six to eight times per school year. We know that this can be difficult for some. We do provide additional support to cover one or more of your volunteer days for a small fee of $20 per day. You are welcome to pay as you go. This service requires a minimum of a 1-day notice. We will know how many days each parent will need to volunteer as the school year approaches as it will depend on class size. We will need a background check completed for each person who plans to volunteer. It is a super easy process that we will complete online for you. It MUST be completed before the first day of school.